2. your favourite color combo for this style: Well, I like muted greens and soft heathery roses and blues.
3. do you live with others who share your aesthetic? Alas, no, not really. My husband's taste runs to oriental/British country house, and he loves antiques, but my love of salvaged treasures is my own.
4. do you frequent charity shops/flea markets/garage sales? Hoo-yeah.
5. what's the best thing you've found? An original Steiff bear. For $10!!!
6. what's the best thing you've left behind? A pottery bread bowl bigger than my kitchen sink. I just couldn't think where I could keep it.
7. What sort of style does your run-down aesthetic take the form of (mid-century, country, ethnic etc)? I think of it as cottage/shabby chic. But we were in Paris and Venice a couple of years ago, and I'd love to be able to reproduce the flavour of either of those places.
8. Any horror stories? Many years ago, I moved into a 400-square-foot house (yes, really) and had absolutely nowhere to put a 1920's mahogany bookcase. In desperation, I gave it to our neighbour. Later, when I was invited over for coffee, I was horrified to see it had been roxotoned.